Subaru Logistics Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, “the Company”) fully recognizes the importance of and its responsibility under the trust of its clients to safeguard personal information, and pledges to obey all rules and regulations related to such safeguarding, as well as to establish a personal information protection policy and manage personal information in a strict and appropriate manner.
Masaki Ookawara Representative Director, President & CEO Subaru Logistics Co., Ltd.
1.What is Personal Information?
Personal information refers to data collected as a part of the Company’s activities that can be used to identify an individual. For example, this would include a user’s name, birth date, telephone number, email address, employer information and other information pertaining to an individual.
2.Use of Personal Information
The Company may use personal information within the following scopes:
(1) To provide information on the Company’s products and services;
(2) To respond to inquiries, requests, questions and/or complaints; and
(3) For any related business activity that accompanies the above.
3.Handling of Personal Information
The Company continuously takes necessary security measures in terms of technologies and organizational structure to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, and to mitigate risks such as the loss, damage, falsification and/or leakage of personal information. In addition, the Company also educates all employees on the appropriate handling of personal information.
However, the Company cannot guarantee security during data transmission and data access using the Internet due to the unique properties of the Internet.
When sending personal information, users will transmit data at their own risk.
The Company cannot be held liable or be obligated for the safeguarding or use of information collected on a third party website linked from the Company’s website.
The Company will revise and improve its measures for handling and safely managing personal information as required.
4.Disclosure of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company will not disclose any personal information to a third party without the consent of the individual concerned except in either of the following situations.
(1) When outsourcing a part of the Company’s business activities, if disclosure is required in order to perform business more efficiently, the appropriate handling of personal information will be contractually required, and a vendor assessment will be made to verify if the contractor is capable of sufficiently safeguarding personal information.
(2) When the disclosure to a third party is permitted by a relevant law, ordinance, policy or guideline.
(3) When requested by law or a government organization to disclose the information based on a related law or ordinance.
5.Personal Information Compliance
The Company will comply with applicable laws and guidelines on personal information as well as obeying internal rules and regulations that have been enacted.
6.Inquiries concerning Personal Information
Please contact the following office if you wish to confirm, update, or delete your own personal information. The office will respond promptly and within reason upon verification of the identity of the individual concerned following the stipulations of relevant laws and ordinances.